Building on the strength of Bonterra’s asset base, disciplined approach to capital management and exceptional team, we are focused on expanding our operating footprint, formulating new core areas to increase the Company’s drilling inventory, while targeting sustainable growth in production, reserves and funds flow.
Our principal asset is a large, concentrated position held in the Pembina Cardium, one of Canada’s largest oil fields, in central Alberta at the Pembina and Willesden Green fields.
- Pembina Cardium is the largest conventional oil field in Canada with an estimated original oil in place (OOIP) of 10.6 billion barrels and <15% produced to date
- Cardium pool offers stable production, quality light oil and robust netbacks
- Bonterra operates ~93% of our Cardium production and the majority of our related oil and gas processing facilities
- An evolution of our pool exploitation strategy in the Cardium aligns with a more resource play-based program, and along with new horizontal drilling and completion technologies, has facilitated improved recoveries and decreased costs
- Utilizing pad drilling from sites with existing infrastructure enables improved efficiencies in the field and general service cost reductions, driving reserves growth with attractive capital efficiencies
One of Canada’s highest impact and most economic plays.
Northeast British Columbia
The wells in this area are generally long-life with stable, low-decline production profiles and Bonterra is optimizing the existing waterflood program to further increase profitability from the existing property.