We strive to understand the various impacts our business has on the environment around us, and we are constantly seeking to minimize our footprint while expanding and enhancing production and reserves. Bonterra’s license to operate ultimately depends on advancing both a commitment to strong environmental, social and governance (ESG) mandates and our ability to achieve competitive operational and financial results that can drive long-term profitability.
Being a Canadian oil and gas operator, we are subject to some of the world’s most stringent environmental regulation and legislation for resource development. Canada is globally recognized for our environmental leadership and an impeccable human rights record.
Further, Bonterra’s Board of Directors and leadership team stand behind the prioritization of integrity and responsibility across all aspects of our business, underscored by the following commitments.
- Employ minimal disturbance techniques to reduce the overall impact to the environment
- Ensure all employees, contractors, and representatives are provided with applicable health, safety, security and environmental and regulatory training
- Secure a safe work environment with robust policies, procedures, and equipment
- Provide timely and effective response to any incidents that may occur
- Implement and follow vigorous asset integrity programs
- Consult internal and external stakeholders that are impacted by our operations, and remain committed to working with involved parties to resolve any concerns
Previous ESG Reports:
As a responsible Canadian upstream oil and gas operator, Bonterra recognizes the importance of balancing economic growth with environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
- Efforts to Minimize Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
- Land Impact and Footprint Minimization
- Liability Management + Abandonment & Reclamation Obligations
- Asset & Operational Integrity
- Water Management