We strive to understand the various impacts our business has on the environment around us, and we are constantly seeking to minimize our footprint while expanding and enhancing production and reserves. Bonterra’s license to operate ultimately depends on advancing both a commitment to strong environmental, social and governance (ESG) mandates and our ability to achieve competitive operational and financial results that can drive long-term profitability.
Being a Canadian oil and gas operator, we are subject to some of the world’s most stringent environmental regulation and legislation for resource development. Canada is globally recognized for our environmental leadership and an impeccable human rights record.
Further, Bonterra’s Board of Directors and leadership team stand behind the prioritization of integrity and responsibility across all aspects of our business, underscored by the following commitments.
- Employ minimal disturbance techniques to reduce the overall impact to the environment
- Ensure all employees, contractors, and representatives are provided with applicable health, safety, security and environmental and regulatory training
- Secure a safe work environment with robust policies, procedures, and equipment
- Provide timely and effective response to any incidents that may occur
- Implement and follow vigorous asset integrity programs
- Consult internal and external stakeholders that are impacted by our operations, and remain committed to working with involved parties to resolve any concerns
Previous ESG Reports:
As a responsible Canadian upstream oil and gas operator, Bonterra recognizes the importance of balancing economic growth with environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
We are committed to meeting or exceeding all applicable environmental regulations and standards, which are among the most rigorous of anywhere in the world. To that end, we have taken a comprehensive approach to ESG principles, including implementing best practices to minimize our impact on the environment, such as:
- Efforts to Minimize Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
- Land Impact and Footprint Minimization
- Liability Management + Abandonment & Reclamation Obligations
- Asset & Operational Integrity
- Water Management
Bonterra has a long track record of demonstrating our commitment to ethical and transparent governance, ensuring that all stakeholders’ interests are taken into consideration and that our actions align with stakeholders’ expectations for ESG.
By engaging in responsible business practices and contributing to the well-being of communities, we creates positive impacts on society and the environment, which serves to enhance our reputation and helps instil trust to attract new shareholders. We believe that a commitment to corporate responsibility and governance is a key component of Bonterra’s long-term success and that this approach helps to mitigate risk and liability and contribute to a more sustainable future for all.
Finally, our Board has remained focused on human capital planning and leadership development internally as we believe these are essential components that can ultimately support our long-term sustainability.
Dedicated to transparent and responsible reporting